Who requires a student visa?
Anyone entering China for longer than 48 hours requires a visa.

For students, one of two visas is issued, depending on the duration of study program:
Less than 6 months: Visitor 'F' visa
Longer than 6 months: Student 'X' visa

What documents will be required?
Visa applications may require the following:

Passport (valid for at least 6 months past visa issue date, or 9 months for a multiple-entry visa))
Completed application form
Passport-sized photo(s)
Proof of travel itinerary, hotel booking, return ticket, etc.
Proof of sufficient funds
Letter of acceptance from Chinese institute

In addition, those staying for longer than 6 months will require a
medical examination.

Time required to issue visa:
3-7 days, if applying directly at consulate. Allow up to 1 month for mail/other applications.

What is the cost of a visa?
Student visas are aprox. US$50

How long is the visa valid for?
A visitor ‘F' visa is valid for up to 6 months, and is usually single-entry.

Student ‘X' visas are valid for up to 12 months, and allow multiple-entries.

Other information: 
Work is strictly prohibited for anyone in China on a tourist or student visa.

Visitors should be aware of which areas of China they are permitted to enter.

Embassy contact information:
Please contact the nearest Chinese embassy for information on what
documentation you may require to enter China.
Embassy of the People's Republic of China (US)

All information on this page has been carefully investigated. However the information is provided without any warranty.