Who requires a student visa?
Students taking courses of study for not longer than 12 weeks, and between 15-25 hours a week may only require a tourist visa (or ETA).

What documents will be required?
Entry to Australia always requires
a valid passport

For visa applications, the following may also be required:
Proper medical clearance
Proof of acceptance from the Australian institute
Medical exam documentation

Contact the nearest Australian Embassy for additional documents which may be required.


Time required to issue visa:
ETA's -
Immediately, if applied for in person or by phone.
Mail applications may take 3 weeks or longer.

Non-ETA Tourist visas -
Aprox. 3-4 weeks (Allow more during peak periods)

What is the cost of a visa?
ETAs - No government charge
Non-ETA Tourist visa - Varies

How long is the visa valid for?
Tourist visas are valid for up to 90 days
(See top for ETA validity)

Other information: 
Students wishing to study for a period of over 12 weeks must enter Australia on a Student Visa, and must study for a minimum of 25 hours per week.

No tourist visas, or initial student visas, whether granted overseas or in Australia, allow employment.


All information on this page has been carefully investigated. However the information is provided without any warranty.